|Level: Advanced||Duration: |
|Grade Level:||Author: LEGO Education|
- Students will be able to identify the types of renewable energy.
- Students will be able to explain how energy is created and used.
DescriptionHave you ever noticed how the rides, the games, and the eating venues work at your local fair? Energy, everything that you use on a daily basis relies on energy. Your local city hall is planning the annual town fair and has noticed that their funds are low. They still want to provide the same level of entertainment as they have in the past. How can they cut cost at city hall and provide the same entertainment that they have in the past?
- Present concepts of energy.
- Present the types of energy renewal.
- Have students conduct research on how renewable energy sources are used.
- Have students work in cooperative groups to discuss ways of conserving energy at the fair thereby cutting the cost for city hall.
- Have students contemplate the amount of time during the day that their renewable energy source could provide energy.
- Have students work in pairs to develop a design for their idea of a renewable energy source.
- Have students test their renewable energy source and identify any modifications that are needed.
- Have students measure the height and width of their structure.
- Have each student write a short summary emphasizing what they learned about the types of renewable energy and how they came to a conclusion to build their renewable energy source.
Have each student write a small description discussing the capabilities of their renewable energy source and then have them present their description in an oral presentation.
Have students investigate renewable energy sources used in their own city.