The digital EV3 Infrared Sensor detects proximity to the robot and reads signals emitted by the EV3 Infrared Beacon. Students can create remote-controlled robots, navigate obstacle courses, and learn how infrared technology is used in TV remotes, surveillance systems, and even in target-acquisition equipment.
- Proximity measurement of approximately 50-70 cm
- Working distance from the beacon of up to two meters
- Supports four signal channels
- Receives IR remote commands
- Auto-ID is built into the EV3 Software.