Use robotics to bring science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to life for students!
This curriculum supports beginning robotics students, with a dual emphasis on programming and standards-based academic STEM concepts. Each of the six projects begins with a robotics research prototype in which students are guided step-by-step through the building and programming of a new robot behavior. Afterwards, they follow up their prototype work with a robotics investigation in which the students experiment with the robot’s motors, sensors, and programming to learn how robots really work.
Introduction to Mobile Robotics comes as a two-CD set. The Student CD includes:
- 18 lessons supported by video tutorials
- Building instructions and programming assistance
- Explanatory animations for each sensor
- Worksheets and data tables for each lesson
The Teacher CD includes:
- Teacher notes and implementation suggestions
- Handouts and introductory PowerPoint presentations (editable!) for each lesson
- Quizzes, answer keys (with in-depth explanations), and evaluation rubrics
- Alignment to math, science, technology, and communications standards
MINDSTORMS® Education Robotics Engineering I: Introduction to Mobile Robotics curriculum is sold as a classroom license and enables the teacher to place the curriculum on every computer in a single classroom. Developed by Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy.