Teaching robotics can be a daunting task for a new teacher. Taught by the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy’s professional staff, this Web-based course is designed to support teachers as they learn how to program using the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education NXT Software. It will also cover the unique pedagogy involved in using robotics to teach science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Teachers who subscribe to this class will receive:
- Six weeks of interactive online instruction (two hours per week).
- Online access to archived courses when unable to attend a given class.
- Online access to the NXT Video Trainer 2.0.
- A USB headset that will be used during class.
- Online access to supplemental lessons from other Robotics Academy content.
- 24/7 access to class forums and message boards that will be monitored daily.
- A certificate of completion from Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy for all teachers who successfully complete the course.
Developed and taught by Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy, which teaches hundreds of robotics teachers every year and has experience with students of all ages. This course requires a LEGO MINDSTORMS Education NXT Base Set and LEGO MINDSTORMS Education NXT Software v.1.1 or later, each sold separately.