ROBOTC® 3.0 is optimized for classroom use and includes a user-friendly interface with basic and advanced programming options. ROBOTC is designed to enhance a new programmer’s learning experience while still meeting the needs of an advanced programmer. ROBOTC is based on the industry-standard C language; ROBOTC is a single programming solution for both LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT and TETRIX® by Pitsco robotics systems.
Key features for ROBOTC 3.0 include:
- New Natural Language mode that enables new users to learn how to program with behaviors using simple commands such as Forward, Point Turn, and Line Track For Distance.
- More than 300 printable pages of step-by-step help documentation.
- More than 200 example programs demonstrating every available feature in easy-to-understand snippets of code.
- Free access to the ROBOTC forums where students can get programming questions answered.
- Free access to ROBOTC for MINDSTORMS and TETRIX curriculum at the ROBOTC Web site.
- Improved real-time debugging tools that let you see what the robot “sees.”
- Ability for the user to program virtual robots (requires an additional license).
- Code templates, code completion, and code formatting tools to simplify programming with the single press of a button.
- Remote-control support over Bluetooth using a USB remote control.
- New MultiRobot communications feature that enables you to control multiple robots at a single time (additional hardware required).
- Support for more than 50 third-party sensors with frequent updates.
- Approval for use in FIRST Tech Challenge.
ROBOTC 3.0 is only available for a Windows platform and will not work on a Mac platform.