This book is a great reference tool for teachers, enthusiasts, and builders on all levels. The author, Allan Bedford, presents best practices, tips, and techniques along with background information on such subjects as architecture, design, engineering, color, and theory. The book also includes a section called “Brickopedia,” which describes over 250 elements, including basic bricks, Technic, and specialty bricks. The "Brickopedia" describes the elements by category, subcategory, description, and part number. It also contains historical and usage notes along with the year they were introduced.
The book also provides:
- The best ways to connect bricks and creative uses for those patterns.
- Tricks for calculating and using scale.
- Tips on building structures and mosaics.
- An introduction to making and playing games with LEGO® bricks.
- Tips for sorting and storing all of your LEGO pieces.